Garmin POI Creation and Editing
GPX Editor for Garmin® Automotive Units
GeePeeEx Editor is specifically designed to produce and edit GPX files destined for Garmin's® Automotive Satnav (GPSr) systems. These files can be used as input to Garmin's® POI Loader to produce enhanced Custom POI's (Points of Interest).
- Direct, form-based data entry for ALL accessible fields within a Garmin® GPX file - not just the subset that general-purpose programs provide access to. This includes the Phone-number fields, so that for units with Bluetooth support, you will be able to dial in exactly the same way as you do for POI's that are built-in to the map.
- Applies fixes and workarounds for Garmin® Streetpilots®, Zümos™ and Nüvis®, so that your .gpx files display the way you expect them to.
- Produce detailed, informative, POI entries with images (and sound) - not just lists of locations. Up to 5000 characters (unit-dependent) can be displayed. These descriptions can include basic <HTML> markup for professional looking results.
- Convert CSV files to GPX. Optionally and uniquely, GeePeeEx Editor will search for valid telephone numbers in CSV files(column 4 data) and will place these in the correct GPX field to allow auto-dialling!! Multi-column csv files are now supported, with pre-defined field mapping for Outlook and Outlook Express.
- Use Google Earth™ to prepare your POI's and import straight into GeePeeEx Editor. Download and import existing POI collections. View your own POI's and their associated images in Google Earth™ with a single keypress.
- Display individual POI's on an integral Google Map™. You can make manual adjustments using the map and update your POI entry at the click of a button.
- Built-in "Geocoding" (with batch-mode), using Yahoo!® Web Services.
- 'Auto-enhancement Detection' eases the creation of complex POI's that utilise Images, Sound and Custom Icon.
- 'Preview' mode shows how your POI's will display on the selected device.
- Merge multiple input files into one output file. Selectively write records to a new output file.
- Re-format 3rd party GPX files so that Garmin's® Mapsource® and POI Loader programs are happy with them.
- Automatically decodes and translates 'Route Point' entries into 'WayPoints.
- Automatic 'relative-link' creation for ease of portability.